A good general knowledge quiz has a lot to offer. They’re fun, keep your brain sharp and best of all, they suit any occasion.
Bored? Do a quiz.
Hanging with friends? Go head-to-head.
At the pub? Work together to answer questions.
Having a meeting? Put Powerpoint away and test your colleagues.
Here at KwizzBit HQ, we recognise the universal power of trivia. We’ve even made it our mission to get as many people quizzing as we possibly can. That’s why we’ve compiled 50 of the best general knowledge quiz questions and answers for you to answer yourself or play with others.
How many can you get right?
General Knowledge Quiz Questions and Answers
- What was Meta Platforms Inc formerly known as?
- Which English city is known as the Steel City?
- Which former British colony was given back to China in 1997?
- The logo for luxury car maker Porsche features which animal?
- Which element is said to keep bones strong?
- What does CIA stand for?
- Suriname is located on which continent?
- In tennis, what piece of fruit is found at the top of the men’s Wimbledon trophy?
- Haematology is the study of what?
- What is the main ingredient in guacamole?
- Which body sets the interest rates in the UK?
- How many lives is a cat said to have?
- Randall Flag, Jack Torrance and John Coffey are all characters created by which author?
- Who founded the World Scouting Movement?
- In 2018, Scott Morrison was elected as the Prime Minister of which country?
- What is a female elephant called?
- Franz Josef Strauss Airport is located in which country?
- Which religion is based on the spiritual teaching of Guru Nanak?
- On what date is Bastille Day celebrated in France?
- Which mountain overlooks Cape Town in South Africa?
- Caledonia was the Roman name for which modern day country?
- What brand of beer does Homer Simpson drink?
- Rojo is the Spanish word for which colour?
- How many timezones are there in mainland USA?
- What is the largest freshwater lake in the world by its area size?
- According to George Orwell, who is watching us?
- Which sport takes place in a Velodrome?
- What is the currency of Poland?
- Trainspotting is a novel by which author?
- Which is the only planet in our solar system not named after a Roman or Greek god?
- In which sport is the Davis Cup contested?
- What is the name of the daughter in The Addams Family?
- Jacinda Ardern became the Prime Minister of which country in 2017?
- Which magazine has a distinctive yellow border on the cover?
- How many wisdom teeth does the average adult have?
- What type of rice is risotto usually made from?
- How many rings is the Olympic symbol made up of?
- Which British supermarket has a clothing range named ‘George’?
- What is a young giraffe called?
- Copacabana Beach is located in which city?
- Which US agency has the motto “For the benefit of all”?
- Pyrophobia is the fear of what?
- What is the capital of Argentina?
- A podiatrist specialises in treating which part of the human body?
- Which singer had a hit in the 1970s called ‘Maggie May’?
- Emma Bunton is known as which Spice Girl?
- What is the name of the winged horse in Greek mythology?
- What is the name of Donald Duck’s girlfriend?
- ‘The Beach’ starring Leonardo DiCaprio is set in which country?
- Who launched the Cultural Revolution in China?
- Hong Kong
- Central Intelligence Agency
- South America
- The blood
- Bank of England
- Stephen King
- Robert Baden-Powell
- 14th July
- Table Mountain
- Duff Beer
- Four; they are Eastern, Central, Mountain & Pacific.
- Lake Superior
- Big Brother
- Irvine Welsh
- Wednesday Addams
- New Zealand
- National Geographic
- A calf
- Rio de Janeiro
- Buenos Aires
- The feet
- Rod Stewart
- Baby Spice
- Daisy Duck
- Chairman Mao
Hungry for more trivia? There’s more quizzes where that came from. Many more.
Below you’ll find links to more specialist quizzes covering some of the most popular and exciting quiz topics on planet Earth.
- Who directed ‘Pulp Fiction’?
- What is the Russian boxer Rocky fights in Rocky IV called?
- How many billboards were outside Ebbing, Missouri?
- What was the first movie released in the Marvel Cinematic Universe?
- Leonardo DiCaprio won the Academy Award for Best Actor for his role in which film?
- Quentin Tarantino
- Ivan Drago
- Iron Man
- The Revenant
- Who had hits with ‘Firework’ and ‘I Kissed a Girl’?
- Dave Grohl is the frontman for which rock band?
- Prince recorded the soundtrack to which 1989 movie?
- Kaiser Chiefs formed in which UK city?
- What was Adele’s debut album called?
- Katy Perry
- Foo Fighters
- What is the name of Michael Knight’s talking car in ‘Knight Rider’?
- How many children does Home Simpson have?
- What was Del Boy and Rodney Trotter’s local pub called?
- Which country did Chandler tell Janice he was moving to so he could break up with her in ‘Friends’?
- What is the first game played in ‘Squid Game’?
- K. I. T. T. (Knight Industries Two Thousand)
- Three; Bart, Lisa and Maggie
- The Nag’s Head
- Red Light, Green Light